Re: Greed

On Wed, 17 Feb 1999 10:48:40 -0800, you wrote:
>For what it's worth I get just as many patch CD's for my SGI system,
>but somehow nobody is flaming them.

In my case, that's because they don't completely, totally, overwhelmingly
control 90% of all the desktops in this hemisphere, and 75% of all the
desktops in the rest of the world.  If they did, I'd be first in line with
the flame thrower. Also, irony of ironies, they are starting to get some
real competition at the low end from Microsoft.

You have an overwhelming monopoly, you have first rate marketing, you put
out third rate crap for years and years, you get flamed.

You have an overwhelming  monopoly, you allegedly use your monopoly to
coerce your customers and partners into not supporting or buying your
competitors' products at any level (driving most potential competition out
of business), the government drags you into court and watches as you make a
complete fool of yourself.

Is this a great country, or what?

As always, these opinions are not influenced by any manufacturer, and the
last time I got anything for free from anyone was about two years ago, when
Paul Vlahos at Ultimatte bought me a chicken sandwich lunch and a beer.

Bob Kertesz
BlueScreen LLC

The Ultimate in ULTIMATTE compositing.

Thanks to Robin Castle for support in 1999.
1033 subscribers in 41 countries on Wed Feb 17 13:26:04 CST 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com