RE: Advice for SCC and Rank MKIII-C Digi 4.

> The reason the old correctors were offered pre-store was to avoid
> noise by
> taking the signal before digitisation and staying in the analog
> domain. They
> were/are analog boxes. The signal was then fed back to the telecine
> store
> for digitisation.

	The original colour correctors were designed to implement colour
correction in a logorythmic / film environment. To do otherwise was not
technically correct. Noise was  a separate consideration. Then, 47db in
luminance was enough, but we all strived for that little bit more. Our
diamond is currently looking at 68db (measured a while back)
	Graham Collett
	VTR

---
Thanks to Robin Castle for support in 1999.
1033 subscribers in 41 countries on Wed Feb 17 11:51:52 CST 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com