Re: Microsoft bashing

On Mon, 15 Feb 1999 11:12:09 -0800, you wrote:
>Given how serverely Rob restricts usage of the TIG to prevent commericial
>pronoucements, I for one am always struck at how quickly he flames
>Microsoft.  Can you really have it both ways?

I'd like to point out that it was I, and not Rob, who flamed Microsoft. I
have a history of doing so (check the archives), and take the
responsibility seriously.

Rob simply commented on how a piece of Microsoft software was making his
life as list administrator more difficult when it came to bounced mail. I
think he has been evenhanded in his public pronouncements about Microsoft.

I, on the other hand, am a rabid dog when it comes to the boys and girls of
Redmond, seizing any opportunity to point out their flaws and failings. And
damn proud to do so. Tweaking the noses of those in power is not only a
time honored tradition in this country, it is the very foundation of its
existence. I am nothing if not a patriot in that regard.

One if by land, two if by desktop.

--Bob

Bob Kertesz
BlueScreen LLC

The Ultimate in ULTIMATTE compositing.

Thanks to Bill Hogan of Sprocket Digital for support in 1999.
1033 subscribers in 41 countries on Mon Feb 15 18:21:52 CST 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com