Re: Microsoft bashing

On Feb 15, 11:12, Jim Lindelien wrote:
} Subject: [TIG] Microsoft bashing

> Given how serverely Rob restricts usage of the TIG to prevent commericial
> pronoucements, I for one am always struck at how quickly he flames
> Microsoft.  Can you really have it both ways?
>
> I have always said that if you think Microsoft is unfair, buy their stock
> to make up for it.  For, donate it to charity--maybe a UNIX one.

Jim, first of all I'll try not to take your pronouncement about my
intentions and actions as a flame, but it's difficult.

First, let me mention that I run the TIG in what spare time I have.
That means that I must understand and react to system administration
issues, which have everything to do with the internet and its
mail-handling protocols.  I have every reason to try to influence
people away from products that make my life more difficult.  I try to
do this privately; however, if you buy products that confound my
ability to run the TIG, then I reserve the right to air these issues
on the TIG, particularly as they apply to the mechanisms of a
mailinglist and associated archival, retrieval, html-translating, and
digesting software.

Second, and this is a highly personal opinion, the world would be a
much better place if we could educate ourselves away from greed, as
our prime motivation.

--Rob
TIG admin

www.alegria.com      --Rowland Hill, "Village Dialogues", via A. Lincoln

---
Thanks to Bill Hogan of Sprocket Digital for support in 1999.
1033 subscribers in 41 countries on Mon Feb 15 14:43:29 CST 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com