  To:      multiple recipients of
  Subject: Re: [TIG] Color space article
  Sent:    Sun, 14 Feb 1999 00:19:45 +1100

Case, Dominic on Sun, 14 Feb 1999 00:20:49 +1100
  The recipient could not be processed due to congestion in the
   message transfer service
    MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:Sydney:ORAC

1) the recipient address is not revealed, but the name is:
       the address is many orders of magnitude more important.
2) the message suffered permanent failure when it should have
       at worst been issued a temporary failure.
3) "congestion in the message transfer service" has very little
       meaning.

I could continue, but just wanted to point out that system
administration is made extremely difficult when software does not
follow internet standards, and writes its own.  (ref: IETF RFC 821)

--Rob
TIG admin

www.alegria.com      --Rowland Hill, "Village Dialogues", via A. Lincoln

---
Thanks to Bill Hogan of Sprocket Digital for support in 1999.
1029 subscribers in 41 countries on Sun Feb 14 10:50:46 CST 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com