Re Cap of the Joe Bond Retirement Party

TO ALL THE TIG PEOPLE THAT COULD NOT MAKE IT TO THE RETIREMENT PARTY FOR
JOE BOND,LET ME GIVE YOU A RE-CAP OF THE PARTY.
FIRST I THINK IT WAS BOB THAT WROTE GOOD LUCK TO JOE AND WHAT IS THE
SECRET AS TO HOW ONE GETS OUT OF THIS BUSINESS. "WELL THIS PARTY HELD AT
POST PERFECT WAS THE WAY TO GO WHEN YOU GET READY TO GO. THEY HAD GOOD
FOOD HOT AND COLD,COLD WINE BEER SODA AND FRIENDS OF JOE'S FROM THE
PRESENT AND THE PAST.
IN THE MANY YEARS THAT JOE WORKED IN THIS INDUSTRY HIS WORK TOUCHED A
GREAT MANY PEOPLE. HE STARTED A LOT OF US FROM THE NEW YORK AREA ON
CAREER THAT WOULD CARRY US A LIFE TIME. MANY OF US STARTED WORKING WITH
JOE AS HIS ASSISTANT IN THE FILM ROOM. I WAS ONE OF THEM. WHEN I WORKED
WITH JOE HE WOULD SHOW YOU,TEACH YOU AS YOU WORKED WITH HIM. THANKS TO
HIM I WENT FROM A TAPE OPERATOR,DUBBER TO FILM ASSISTANT AND ON TO A
COLORIST. YOU GIVE SOME OF THE TIG MEMBERS A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF MY
WORDS WHEN I SAY MANY OF US WORKED WITH JOE BOND LET ME GIVE A EXAMPLE
IF YOU COUNT JUST THE PEOPLE I AM WORKING WITH AT DU ART VIDEO TODAY YOU
HAVE BILL LORD, BILL STOKES, MICHEAL LEIGHTON, TIMMY BOND, AND MYSELF.
SO WHEN I SAY MANY OF US WORKED WITH JOE I MEAN A LOT. MANY OF JOE'S
OTHER CO-WORKERS FROM THE PAST CAME OVER TO POST PERFECT TO WISH HIM
WELL. AS I WROTE ABOVE BOB THIS IS THE WAY TO GO WHEN YOU GET READY TO
GO. WE ALL WISH JOE ALL THE BEST FOR MANY YEARS. I FOR ONE WILL MISS HIM
.HE HAS BEEN MY CO-WORKER, TEACHER, INSTRUCTOR, DEPARTMENT HEAD,AND A
GOOD FRIEND FOR THE PAST 30 YEARS. ALL THE BEST TO HIM. AS FOR THE REST
OF US LEFT STILL SITTING IN DARK ROOMS LET'S HOPE WE ALL GET TO OUR
RETIREMENT PARTY DAY TOO.               STEVE

---
Thanks to Blake Jones of Jones Consulting for support in 1999.
1033 subscribers in 40 countries on Sat Feb  6 19:35:04 CST 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com