RE: HDTV

	>>Is 480P really considered "standard definition"?  When I look at a
	>>progressive scan image the definition is, in my opinion, greatly
improved.
	>>Scan frequency aside, the image quality difference between
interlaced and
	>>progressive scan is great enough that it doesn't seem fair to call
480p
	>>"standard definition".

	Which is exactly why I said what I did about the average viewer only
noticing a lack of visible scan lines, wide screen aspect ratio, and no
analog broadcast artifacts, and thinking of that as HD. And it certainly
does make me wonder why some are trying to move heaven and earth to do HD in
the first place.

	Mike Most, Encore Video, L.A.

1031 subscribers in 40 countries on Thu Feb  4 17:12:37 CST 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com