RE: HDTV

	>>The output of the decoder is whatever the display device is. And BTW,
most of the 	>>monitors being marketed (especially those that are direct
view CRT) are displaying
	>>480p ("Standard Definition")

Is 480P really considered "standard definition"?  When I look at a
progressive scan image the definition is, in my opinion, greatly improved.
Scan frequency aside, the image quality difference between interlaced and
progressive scan is great enough that it doesn't seem fair to call 480p
"standard definition".

Martin

1032 subscribers in 40 countries on Thu Feb  4 16:10:34 CST 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com