[TIG]

Bruce Curl wrote:

"Coverage in hilly country always has problem areas. Complain in writing to
your service provider specifying areas you need coverage in.  Unknown
problems certainly won't get tended to.
I had service with L.A Cellular, switched to Airtouch only because of a
corporate rate deal, wish I was back on L.A. Cellular.  My particlular route
to drive in from Pasadena to Hollywood was more solidly covered by LAC with
fewer drive time "busy system" problems.
Others at my workplace found the opposite to be true on their routes."

I had the same experience.  Had L.A.Cellular, switched to Airtouch
(corporate rate), and my reception during my Encino>Universal trip was
better before the switch.  I had very few dropped calls and the digital
reception area was very good, whereas it is not now.  Keep in mind, however,
that many people change their phones when they change their service, and
that may affect reception as well.

"Now returning to topic:
    Who has can give us some good links to sites that give tutorial on HDTV,
from consumer level to pure geekspeak?"

Try www.nab.org and use the NAB search engine to find relevant articles on
HDTV.

Good Luck,

Greg

Greg Ciaccio
Director, Sys.& Tech.
Anderson Video/4MC
818.777.7999 phone - 818.866.1400 fax
gciaccio at 4mc.com

---
thanks to John Palmisano for support in 1999
1034 subscribers in 40 countries on Wed Jan 27 18:27:37 CST 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com