Re: HD - Quality ?

On Wed, 27 Jan 1999 16:25:43 -0000, you wrote:
>Basically Monday night football or similar bit hungry material is going to
>trash the picture quality over on the Movie Channel whether you like it or
>not.

As anyone in the US who owns a small satellite dish will tell you, this has
been happening from the first moment.

Bandwidth is dynamically allocated at the origination point, and fast
moving games with lots of pixels (like basketball and hockey) have a huge
impact on the quality of the rest of the channels.

This also used to cause lip sync problems, as the audio delays to
compensate for variable compression times were initially not calibrated
correctly, but I understand this is better than it used to be.

--Bob

Bob Kertesz
BlueScreen LLC

The Ultimate in ULTIMATTE compositing.

thanks to John Palmisano for support in 1999
1034 subscribers in 40 countries on Wed Jan 27 11:15:35 CST 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com