Re: German Standards

 Date: 99/01/22 11:04
To: LAPOINTE, MICHEL
From: Schweikert

No prizes for what a SDAL is!

Now, which standard covers this?

Schweikert
OOOH I believe we suddenly opened a box full of horrible secrets.....

M Schweikert, I don't known about SDAL standards, but let me tell you the story
of the Digibeta that came back from the QC house with the mention " digital clicks at TC ..."

Checked the scene with the audio mixer who turns at me asking "what's the problem? the
poor girl is sitting in an sinister room. What you hear is added sound effects
of old incandescent bulb crackling... I was very pround of my idea. Don't you like it?"

QC house stayed with their verdict of "subject to rejection" and we had to had a letter with the master
saying that this was sound effects !!!!!

I have tens of story like that.

How about  "inconsistency in timing" mention that was looked at
by 2 film timers with 20 years experience (each) who didn,t notice anything ...

Like I say to troubled clients: "My friend, give me any tape and I will refuse it. If you really
want to , I will refuse Titanic..."

Michel Lapointe.

---
thanks to Aine Marsland and Pandora International for support in 1999
1028 subscribers in 40 countries on Fri Jan 22 04:29:01 CST 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com

thanks to Aine Marsland and Pandora International for support in 1999
1028 subscribers in 40 countries on Fri Jan 22 13:23:00 CST 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com