RE: Fw: More good (not so old) days

Better still.....

I used to work at the BBC in London. I've opened the door of a 35mm Cintel
MKII to find the take-up had failed and the whole 1500ft reel is in the
floor void and apparently disappeared!

Another colleague mistakenly transmitted a five reel 35mm feature with the
reels in the wrong order. Nobody noticed (except him)!

At about 20:30 each evening, the coffee trolley arrived carrying night-time
snax. The shift supervisor got a coffee and a cheese roll. At the same time
a piece of dirt adhered itself to the tube on a 35mm live TX. Unable to get
it off with an air spray, the supervisor decided to blow it off.
Unfortunately he covered the face of the tube with grated cheese!

Another was where, during the run-up to live TX of a 2200ft 16mm
documentary, the take-up failed and the poor sod spent an hour manually
rotating the take-up spool. No ads on the BBC to take a break!

35mm mag....I knew a guy who popped the plastic core out of a 1500ft TX roll
of 35mm mag. Ouch!

I expect we've all done something similar in our careers.

Keep it coming!

Jeff Booth
Soho Images
London