Re: THE GOOD OLD DAYS

> On Jan 19, 16:41, drom at duart.com wrote:
> } Subject: [TIG] THE GOOD OLD DAYS
>
> > tatt----- rip! You would turn around, smile at the client and say excuse me
> > as you run into the other room to clean up the mess. Those were the good
> > old days.
>
> I remember well glimpsing Dom rolling his eyes as I walked past the
> telecine room at Unitel.  What we learned about client relations,
> diplomacy and sleight-of-hand would serve us well later...
>
> My first telecine sessions were as 'vacation relief' for the colorist
> at Unitel, when I worked with David Geisler on that same chain Dom
> describes-- David threading and setting up while I did the color
> correction.  Recorded on an RCA TR600 quad.  (Dom, whom did I
> relieve-- was it Jack Baierlein, Larry Siegal, or ?)
>
> --Rob Lingelbach

So I should consider myself lucky that out of the hundreds of hours
of film you transferred for me at Unitel whilst I was at Showtime not
a frame was cinched let alone torn?  Ahh, I miss 57th Street at
3AM.  :-))

Alan
Alan B. Rosenfeld
General Manager
SMA Video
100 Avenue of the Americas
10th Floor
New York, NY 10013
Voice: 212.226.7474
Fax: 212.941.0439
www.smavid.com

---
thanks to Dom Rom and DuArt for support in 1999
1030 subscribers in 40 countries on Wed Jan 20 10:02:28 CST 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com