RE: THE GOOD OLD DAYS

I'll second that!  Seems we struck a nostalogic nerve- too
bad the Industry had to suffer the retirement of "Bond... Joe
Bond" to trigger it.  So, let me say that if you have artifacts or
leads on truly historical Pioneers of the Industry... there is a SMPTE
committe who wants to hear it.  Edgar A. Schuller heads up the SMPTE
Historical and Archival Committee. Check out the December SMPTE Journal
and see the first run of equipment collections. The H and A are also looking
for pioneers to document "the way it was" in the biz.  C'mon, must be lots
of you crazy bastards out there!

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999 17:27:17 -0500  drom at duart.com wrote:

>I don't think anyone ran the TK28, you sort of ran after it picking up the
>print from the floor. I will never forget those magical sounds, ratt tatt,
>tatt----- rip! You would turn around, smile at the client and say excuse me
>as you run into the other room to clean up the mess. Those were the good
>old days.
>

>Domenic Rom

"The universe is a big place, perhaps the biggest." -Kilgore Trout
Bill Topazio, VP/Engineering     bt at mte.com     v:212-907-1225
Manhattan Transfer               New York, NY   f:212-687-2719

thanks to Editel L.A. for support in 1999
1031 subscribers in 40 countries on Tue Jan 19 20:05:40 CST 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com