Re: THE GOOD OLD DAYS

On Jan 19, 16:41, drom at duart.com wrote:
} Subject: [TIG] THE GOOD OLD DAYS

> tatt----- rip! You would turn around, smile at the client and say excuse me
> as you run into the other room to clean up the mess. Those were the good
> old days.

I remember well glimpsing Dom rolling his eyes as I walked past the
telecine room at Unitel.  What we learned about client relations,
diplomacy and sleight-of-hand would serve us well later...

My first telecine sessions were as 'vacation relief' for the colorist
at Unitel, when I worked with David Geisler on that same chain Dom
describes-- David threading and setting up while I did the color
correction.  Recorded on an RCA TR600 quad.  (Dom, whom did I
relieve-- was it Jack Baierlein, Larry Siegal, or ?)

--Rob Lingelbach
FWC Dallas

www.alegria.com      --Rowland Hill, "Village Dialogues", via A. Lincoln

---
thanks to Editel L.A. for support in 1999
1032 subscribers in 40 countries on Tue Jan 19 19:08:13 CST 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com