Re: THE GOOD OLD DAYS

The transfer master was to a 2" V.T.R. master tape
> machine. A 60 second spot would take from 2-3 hours to transfer or the
> whole night if you had client's supervising the transfer. Back in the
> good old days at Young & Rubicam when you said you were going to
> transfer it meant you were going going and in some cases gone.

As I was told way back then, the basic rule of thumb was a half
plus a half for the basic team of clients (editor, copywriter, art
director) and an additional 45:00 for each additional agency
person/ agency client that showed up.  I remember one session,
an automotive project-2 :30 second spots, at which about 10 clients
showed up.  The session took 8 hours, about a third of the time
spent deciding where to order the steak and lobster lunches from.

Best of luck, Joe Bond.
:-))

Alan R.
Alan B. Rosenfeld
General Manager
SMA Video
100 Avenue of the Americas
10th Floor
New York, NY 10013
Voice: 212.226.7474
Fax: 212.941.0439
www.smavid.com

---
thanks to Editel L.A. for support in 1999
1029 subscribers in 40 countries on Tue Jan 19 08:17:40 CST 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com