Re: Joe Bond Retirement Party

dave at postperfect.com wrote:

>      Joe Bond is retiring on January 31st.  Please join us to celebrate
>      with the grand master of Color Correction.
>
>      Where:   Client lounge
>      When:    5PM Thursday January 28th Post Perfect 220E 42 NY,NY
>      Goodies: Champagne and Hors d'oeuvres

>      Trivia Question: Who did the first ever scene by scene film to tape
>                       color correction?
>      Answer:          Joe Bond, January 1970 at Teletronics here in NYC.

Funny I should hear of this through the TIG, being here at PP every day, but I'm
sure glad to know about it. I won't miss it!

BTW - just for my own "files"  - anybody know when he did the first
computer-assisted color correction on the PDP-11-based "Palette I" he helped us
design? (sometime in 1975-76, I'd guess).

---
thanks to Rod Wayne and San Lab for support in 1999
1029 subscribers in 40 countries on Fri Jan 15 21:15:37 CST 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com