Re: PC-card NTSC CG and keyer?

On Mon, 4 Jan 1999 15:26:28 -0800, you wrote:
>I'm looking for a low-cost card (ISA or PCI, for a PC) or a 1 RU external
>unit w/ RS232 or RS422 serial link to a PC that will accept a short text
>string from the PC and key it over NTSC composite. Essentially, I need to
>burn a short 8 character string over video.  Monitoring-quality is
>okay--not for broadcast.

At about $350 street price, the new Videonics Personal Title Maker works
great for stuff like this. Self contained, the size of a small keyboard
with video and S-video in/out and a wall wart.

Nothing fancy, but several fonts (not anti-aliased or anything) and some
effects. Check it out at http://www.videonics.com/PRODUCTS/PTM/

I've had one for about two weeks now, and use it on film shoots to slate
shots while I do previz compositing. Works great for what it is. Available
from B&H in New York (800-947-1175) and many other places.

I don't work for or get any compensation from Videonics, etc, etc., and
their stuff is mostly low end crap, but this works fine for what it is.

--Bob

Bob Kertesz
BlueScreen LLC

The Ultimate in ULTIMATTE compositing.

1026 subscribers in 40 countries on Tue Jan  5 01:36:39 CST 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com