Re: Color in 'digital cinema' projection

	Do you think DMD digital projectors is the way to go ? There is not
such a difference between  these and CRTs, I believe we could grade for
TV and cinema using these projectors if theatres use DMD.
	Back to colorspace issues: Would you think that getting all the color
depth of film is more of a telecine problem than a projector one ? How
could we get some technical data about the ability of telecines (or
datacines) and projectors to reproduce color ?
Best regards
JC
London

> In other words, it was suggested that transfers should be done on the
types
> of display devices they will be shown on. (...)There are already
quite a few types displays besides CRTs
> available, which all have different characteristics.  Unfortunately,
no way
> exists to know  what type of display each viewer will have in the
future,

1025 subscribers in 40 countries on Tue Dec 29 18:06:57 CST 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com