Re: Noise reduction using multiple transfers

At 09:56 AM 12/28/98 -0800, Chuck Harrison wrote:
>I ran across an interesting patent the other day, US5740146, "Method and
>apparatus for reducing noise using a plurality of recording copies".

Quantel implemented a feature in the old Paintbox that allowed a still
frame grab which would decrease the noise present in the frame buffer with
each following grab. It significantly cleaned up stills that could be
grabbed off of 1 inch type C. I don't have any idea what algorithm was
employed as I have never worked for nor received compensation from Quantel...

David Tosh <dlt at earthlink.net>
Engineer, Complete Post Hollywood, CA USA

1021 subscribers in 40 countries on Mon Dec 28 17:14:14 CST 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com