Re: Color in 'digital cinema' projection

Hans Lehmann wrote:

> Digital projectors probably won't reach the color gammut available
> from projected film at least not for a while.

Yeah, probably when High Def DTV is about to be replaced.

> The idea here was just to make the output from manufacturer A's
> projector look similar to that of manufacturer B's, even though they're
> displaying transfers done from two different phosphors standards.

I know, and it is interesting with each manufacturer using completely
different projection technologies.

BTW, phosphor doesn't stand a chance.

1019 subscribers in 40 countries on Fri Dec 25 00:54:37 CST 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com