Re: Cineon question

>A client of mine has film with a mild intermittent flicker problem,
>caused by a bad camera motor.

One approach that I would explore would be to go black-and-white, isolate
the range of luminance where flicker happens and record it to tape (or DDR).
You'd then bring that back in through the keyer input and apply a very
delicate correction via a keyer-defined window.  You could also use a video
switcher to do some creative mixing.
While I believe that the computed approach (Inferno) is the more vesatile
(and more generally applicable) we still have neat tricks that can be pulled
in real time-with the gear found in a modern Telecine bay.

Martin Euredjian
Telecine Engineer
ToddAO - Hollywood Digital, CA, USA
tel: (213) 465-0101
martin at hollydig.com
martinfx at msn.com

---
Thanks to Dave Reinowski and GTN for support in 1998.
1025 subscribers in 40 countries on Tue Dec 22 09:27:02 CST 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com