Re: Vision 800

>         Has anyone out there graded Kodak's new Vision 800?  Any
> comments on its quality and price?

Eric, I can't comment on its price, but:

I worked on a series of commercials this week shot on 5289, the new
800T Kodak stock.  According to Director Gary Lankford, the DP, John
Stanier, worked almost entirely with natural, practical light levels,
on scenes in the various rooms of a house.

I was surprised how much latitude the film seemed to have, without
bringing too much grain into the blacks, though the grain was more
apparent than with slower stocks.  Color reproduction was excellent,
sharpness good.

Has anyone worked with the new print stock, 2393?

Rob Lingelbach
Senior Colorist, FWC Dallas

www.alegria.com      --Rowland Hill, "Village Dialogues", via A. Lincoln

---
Thanks to Dave Reinowski and GTN for support in 1998.
1024 subscribers in 40 countries on Sun Dec 20 00:38:43 CST 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com