Re: Cineon question

>Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 14:21:39
>To: Rob Lingelbach <rob at alegria.com>
>From: Craig Leffel <acleffel at mindspring.com>
>Subject: Re: [TIG] Cineon question
>
>At 01:18 PM 12/18/98 -0600, you wrote:
>>A client of mine has film with a mild intermittent flicker problem,
>>caused by a bad camera motor.
>>
>>My approach in minimizing the flicker has generally been to use
>>judicious amounts of extra noise reduction; in severe cases I've done
>>frame-by-frame density work with the color correction, which can be
>>very effective but time consuming.

I have used these techniques as well Rob, but depending on how bad the
flicker is, there might be an easy way....  In the past I have sent this
type of problem to the Flame ( Inferno) to remove every other frame in the
scene, and then double the remaining ones. Sometimes it can be done on a
field basis, and sometimes it takes more massaging... There is a simple tool
in the software to split out frames / fields but I don't remember the
specifics of how it works....but for most simple flickers this has worked
for me.   Then again, I could be crazy, it's choliday time and I'm going out
of my mind.........

Hope all is well,
Best of the season to all,

Craig Leffel

Craig Leffel
Senior Colorist / Partner
Optimus, Inc.
Chicago, Il 60611
312-321-0880

---
Thanks to Dave Reinowski and GTN for support in 1998.
1024 subscribers in 40 countries on Sat Dec 19 17:16:39 CST 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com