Cineon question

A client of mine has film with a mild intermittent flicker problem,
caused by a bad camera motor.

My approach in minimizing the flicker has generally been to use
judicious amounts of extra noise reduction; in severe cases I've done
frame-by-frame density work with the color correction, which can be
very effective but time consuming.

I had heard there might be a capability within the Cineon software
that can deal with and repair flicker (non realtime I'm sure?).  I
don't think that is an option for my client due to cost.. are there
any other tools I should be aware of?

--Rob Lingelbach
Senior Colorist
FWC Dallas

www.alegria.com      --Rowland Hill, "Village Dialogues", via A. Lincoln

---
Thanks to Bruce Goren for support in 1998.
1026 subscribers in 40 countries on Fri Dec 18 13:18:31 CST 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com