[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Film Lab Rolls
- To: 'Telecine Users Group' <telecine at alegria.com>
- Subject: Film Lab Rolls
- From: "SP&T, Telecine" <telecine at spt.wic.ca>
- Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 05:50:12 -0800
- Resent-Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 07:51:53 -0600
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"auX9zB.A.wBF.L3le2" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: SmartList account <slist at alegria.com>
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
Season's Greetings All,
I was wondering what colourists prefer in the size of a film lab roll (both
16 and 35mm) for telecine? Is there a difference for commercials of
Do the labs generally punch circled take on the rolls or just the first
circled takes of a camera roll?
We get a number of 16mm 1200" jobs that come in that have to go to 60 minute
tapes to keep the rolls together and the clients question the waste.
Do you think tape manufacturers will ever make a tape the same length as a
One last question. When you are logging an episodic is it a big problem to
split a camera roll on 2 tapes if you don't have room on the first or make
sure it will al fit on one tape?
Have a Nice Holiday
Studio Post & Transfer
Thanks to Bruce Goren for support in 1998.
No advertising/marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
1028 subscribers in 40 countries on Fri Dec 18 07:51:01 CST 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/
anonymous messaging now at http://www.alegria.com/HyperNews/get/ubique.html