Re: D1 STOCK

<< Hi everybody,

 Could not record on a particular D1 cassette yesterday. Opened the lid
 and discovered the oxyde side to be a nice chocolate brown color instead of
 the usual dark black I have on all my other tapes.

 Also we diagnosed tension problem while attempting a D1 dub of a feature film
 we had transfered succesfully.

 We send the material to our competitor and the same problem appeared at
 his place.

 Of course I won't tell the manufacturer, but this is the first time we have
this sort
 of stock problem on D1. How about the world at large ?

 Regards

 Lapointe
 Astraltech >>

My first reaction to your message is that the tape has folded over in the
cassette. You mentioned a previous tension problem (this may have led to tape
slack/slop that folded over on the previous pass). So as to not risk damage to
the video head, I would suggest not using that tape again, and immediatelly
check out the transport for correct tape tension and handling characteristics
in all modes. A new piece of stock is much cheaper than a damaged D-1 video
head !

Good luck !

David Crosthwait
Burbank

---
Thanks to Dave Corbitt for support in 1998.
1032 subscribers in 40 countries on Fri Dec 11 03:03:20 CST 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com