24/29.97/30 frame rate conversions

>Could someone please point me to descriptions of frame rate conversion
>practices
>for moving from video to film and vice versa.

I have written an ARRI Technical Note on the 3/2 Pulldown process that can
be downloaded from the ARRI website at

http://www.arri.com/product/port/index.htm

Choose ARRI Technical Note P-1008 What is 3/2 Pulldown. It is in PDF format.

It is not as in-depth as you might want, but gives a good overview of the
3/2 Pulldown process. Since I view these Technical Notes as an on-going
process, I would be interested if the memebers on this list have any
suggestions for improvements for this particular Technote. Coming from a
production background myself, I humbly ask for forgiveness if there are in
mistakes in there. :-)

Cheers,

Marc Shipman-Mueller, Technical Representative
Arriflex Corporation; 1646 N. Oakley Ave, Suite #2, Chicago, IL 60647-5319, USA
Tel: 773 252 8003, Fax: 773 252 5210
Email: msmueller at arri.com, Web: http://www.arri.com

---
Thanks to Kevin Ayres, Tom Montgomery for support in 1998.
1028 subscribers in 38 countries on Wed Dec  2 14:27:02 CST 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com