Re: Awards for colorists ?

At 23:18 20/11/98 , JC Soret wrote:

>But how different is it from SFX or editing ?

I think that they suffer the same problems. if they do their work extremely
well it's not noticed, it's only when they're being "flash" that it's seen.

I was talking to a SFX supervisor a while ago who was seriously pissed off
that his work hadn't been short listed for a Oscar. When he asked one of
the panel why he was told that as the movie had less that 10 effects shots
they didn't think that it was in the same class as other films they had to
consider. It actually had 260 effect shots in it, done so well that nobody
noticed.

Cheers

Geoff

---
Thanks to Tim Bond and Lorne Miess for support in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
1002 subscribers in 38 countries on Mon Nov 23 01:29:38 CST 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com