Re: Awards for colorists ?

>      I think it's difficult to have a "best colorist" award anyway.
There
> are so many factors that don't show up on the transfer, perhaps the
greatest
> being the relationship of the colorist to the client.  How can a
judge
> factor in how well a colorist realizes a client's concept?
>      Also, there is the photography to consider

But how different is it from SFX or editing ? They have to deal with
clients the same way we do, why colorgrading should be so particular ?
Ok most of the time it is the director's idea but if it is well
executed and highly creative it deserves something. All of you know
that because there are many factors involved, clients come to the
colorist who knows how to deal with these factors.

Regards.

JC

---
Thanks to Tim Bond and Lorne Miess for support in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
1002 subscribers in 38 countries on Sun Nov 22 14:39:32 CST 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com