virus hoaxes ad infinitum

I've had to intercept virus "alert" messages posted to the TIG that
are viruses themselves.

the following URL should be required reading for everyone on the
internet:

http://www.kumite.com/myths/

and possibly:

http://www.eliashim.com/vcenter/irina.html

...the newest flareup that was sent to the TIG was regarding the "Bud
Frogs" virus.  It is not a virus it is a hoax (which is, in its own
way, a virus).

If you receive a "warning" (usually IN CAPS) and exhortations to SEND
TO EVERYONE you know etc. etc., please engage a healthy amount of
skepticism, and refer to the above documents.

--Rob
TIG admin

www.alegria.com      --Rowland Hill, "Village Dialogues", via A. Lincoln

---
Thanks to Ed Walden and James Mann for support in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
996 subscribers in 38 countries on Wed Nov 18 08:50:16 CST 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com