Anyone have a Sony VO9800/9850 handy?

Sorry if this is not strictly on topic, but this was one of the few places
I could think of to ask this late on a Saturday night.

Trying to do some remote diagnosis for a friend on a Sony VO9800 cassette
deck, and need a little info from someone who has access to one.

I haven't seen one in a while, but I'm pretty sure I remember that the
(optional) time code card plugs in from the front under the control panel.

When you tilt up the lower front control panel, how can you tell if there's
a time code card installed?  Are there some switches or markings?  If
there's no time code card, is there just a blank panel?

Any help appreciated. I kind of need this info by mid-day Sunday. Thanks.

--Bob

Bob Kertesz
BlueScreen LLC

The Ultimate in ULTIMATTE compositing.

Thanks to Willi Kirst for support in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
991 subscribers in 38 countries on Sat Nov 14 23:53:21 CST 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com