digital panavision

Hi guys.

The s16 full feature "Zingo" we made using Spirit/Inferno/Celco is
opening up in Stockholm next week. Hope to get some comments on it. We
tested a DVD master from a transfer of the trailer print compared to one
from the re-scaled DATA version. A hell of a difference. We have
rescaled the whole thing now for the video/DVD release.

I have sent a print of the same trailer to some TIG'ers but not received
any feedback.

In order to test this route to the full we have just finished shooting a
short full frame Panavision production that we will scan at 1920x1440
and run anamorphic through the system.This should show what the
limitations are. Will produce a stack of both prints and DVD's. Anyone
interested please e-mail me directly.

Also from different sources it seems that hi-def. digital projection for
the cinemas is moving closer and closer. This will be a situation where
the digital lab process will really win some quality. Has anyone been
involved in any of the print/digital projection shootouts lately? If yes
please drop a mail.

Best regards

Kris, Destiny-601 & The Warehouse, Denmark.

---
Thanks to Dave Corbitt and MTE for support in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
1012 subscribers in 38 countries on Tue Nov 10 17:50:47 CST 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com