Re: response- CRT paper/DTV

>The impact that DTV will have on telecine suites in the not to distant
>future will be the need for bigger viewing screens. A couple of post
houses
>have installed Stewart screens of about the 7 ft x 5 ft varity but
I've
>also heard that some telecine/colorists refuse to use that screen for
>proper evaluation of the big picture.

I saw today images of DTV that will be launched here in UK in a few
days, I was horrified, this is absolute crap, a disaster: it looks like
a noise reducer pushed to maximum, we can forget about VAC, film grain
and all these things. Has anyone seen this? I can't believe this is our
future TV standard. If I put a monitor showing the result on air in my
suite, clients will wonder if there is a point to spend money on
colorgrading.

Regards
JC
Colorist

---
Thanks to Dave Corbitt and MTE for support in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
1010 subscribers in 38 countries on Sun Nov  8 12:10:28 CST 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com