Pin reg

I have been a user of many of the systems mentioned.  Down here, near
the end of the earth almost nothing is transferred via Pin
registration.  In fact in my travels I haven't used one since operating
a machine in the Philippines!

The advantages of the Pin Up were that you didn't have to worry about
recorrecting images when you changed gates as with Steady gate.  However
it seemed to me that it needed a little more looking after, maintenance
wise.  And Rob's comments regarding the state of the negative are
completely accurate, one needs to have the negative in a pliable/soft
state, not only so the sprocket holes are the correct size, but also the
pins go in smoothly!

And finally, the real difference between pin reg. and real time
steadiness is the twisting factor of the physical pins.

Ken

--
*****************************
Ken Robinson

Fono: +56 2 73-VIDEO
            738 4336

Fax:  +56 2 738 4213

186,282.396 miles per second.  Not just a good idea.....  It's the LAW!

---
Thanks to Al Hart of Modern Videofilm for support in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
1013 subscribers in 39 countries on Fri Oct 23 22:27:02 CDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com