Re: Real Time Steady Gate Which camera to use.

On Thu, 22 Oct 1998 11:53:00 -0500, you wrote:
>Steven's answer reminds me that the original question didn't specify
>that the discussion was limited to 35mm.  However, I've worked on very
>little 16mm shot for compositing work.

I usually recommend against 16 for compositing, although not as strongly as
I used to.

An ideal person to comment on this topic is Dave Satin at SMA.

Dave is Mister Inside/Mister Outside, being involved in both production and
post, and has seen a lot of effects neg flow under the bridge. Plus, his
place has both Rank and Philips machines, as well as the electronic
steadying toys.

--Bob

Bob Kertesz
BlueScreen LLC

The Ultimate in ULTIMATTE compositing.

Thanks to Glenn Eason of Hillcrest Engineering for support in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
1015 subscribers in 39 countries on Thu Oct 22 12:48:11 CDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com