Re: Re: Re: Real Time Steady Gate Which camera to use.

In a message dated 10/22/1998 12:54:09, you wrote:

<<Is the Oxberry used for motion control stage situations, as well as
animation stand (flat art) setups?

I was just giving a short list of cameras. The Oxberry is Usually mounted on
an Animation stand, but As I used to Shoot motion graphics, and towards the
end of my doing that, the client wanted separate passes so they could control
the color, it does still apply. I haven't seen an Oxberry on a mo-con rig, it
doesn't mean it hasn't been done, I haven't seen it. I believe the Bell and
Howell 2709 has the same arrangement for Registration as the Oxberry. The
F.P.S. limit on an Oxberry is 16-18 F.P.S., or somewhere in there.
I didn't mention the Panastar ( High speed up to 120 F.P.s. I think, which has
reg pins), The Willcam series, Any of the Photosonic camera, the Image 300, or
others, as I don't know enough about them.
In 16mm high speed, I beleive the Redlake Locam has reg pins, however the
Ultra high speed,  Hycam ( up to 11,000 F.P.S. ) has neither Reg pins, nor
pull down claws, it is a rotating prism camera.
There are many different Mitchell cameras, and some variations on the
movements between them, although I think that is mostly to accomodate Sound.

Steven Gladstone
http://members.aol.com/veenotph

---
Thanks to Glenn Eason of Hillcrest Engineering for support in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
1015 subscribers in 39 countries on Thu Oct 22 12:21:42 CDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com