Re: Re: Real Time Steady Gate Which camera to use.

On Oct 22, 11:42, Veenotph at aol.com wrote:
} Subject: Re:  Re: [TIG]  Real Time Steady Gate Which camera to use.

> A well maintained camera is steady. A poorly maintained camera is not.
> I had an old Eclair A.C.L. ( 16mm) The Specs on that camera was vertical
> stability of 1/1000 the image height. Aaton's are spec'd at 1/2000 of image
> height if I recall. I am not sure of Arri - SR Specifications.

Steven's answer reminds me that the original question didn't specify
that the discussion was limited to 35mm.  However, I've worked on very
little 16mm shot for compositing work.

> In 35 mm.
> Oxberry, with Pins that are part of the Aperature plate and never move is
> steadiest - IMHO ( also in 16mm)

Is the Oxberry used for motion control stage situations, as well as
animation stand (flat art) setups?

> Mitchell, has two Reg pins, , as done Panavision ( I'm not sure if both are
> fully fitting, I think Only one is.)

the fairly common Steadifilm products I'd mentioned in the previous
have two pins, one fully fitting and the other a guide pin.  That
fully fitting pin is at the northwest corner of a typical 35mm frame,
and in telecine steady tests, we usually look at the southeast corner
as exhibiting the most variation, due to the distance from the pin.

--Rob
FWC Dallas

www.alegria.com            --Rowland Hill, "Village Dialogues"

---
Thanks to Glenn Eason of Hillcrest Engineering for support in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
1015 subscribers in 39 countries on Thu Oct 22 11:53:02 CDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com