Re: sony edl

     Try Brooks Harris at edlmax.com

Subject: [TIG] sony edl
Author:  <telecine at alegria.com> at INTERNET-MAIL
Date:    10/19/98 11:07 AM

On Oct 19,  1:00am, Dominic Case wrote:

"I sometimes get _Sony_ format EDLs which are on DOS formatted diskettes,
but
(unlike CMX or GVG) aren't in ASCII code.  Can anyone tell me where I can
find out more about this format -i.e. what is it, how can I read it outside
of editing software and are there library utilities or the like to read it
or write it.  Or is it a Sony special?"

Dominic -  there is a program called ECU written by Jim Mack that does EDL
conversions.  He can be reached at   esc at mdxi.com.

Frank Smith
colorist  GTN  Oak Park Michigan

---
Thanks to 525 Post and Dennis Morton for support in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
1010 subscribers in 38 countries on Mon Oct 19 11:01:31 CDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com

Thanks to 525 Post and Dennis Morton for support in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
1012 subscribers in 38 countries on Tue Oct 20 12:38:34 CDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com