Re: Sony edls

On Oct 19,  1:00am, Case Dominic wrote:

> I sometimes get _Sony_ format EDLs which are on DOS formatted diskettes, but
> (unlike CMX or GVG) aren't in ASCII code.

Dominic,
	The Sony EDL is a combination of ascii and binary data. The non ascii
data covers things like switcher and TBC setups, etc. What you're used to
seeing as an EDL is also in the file and easily extracted with any of several
text editors like notepad or edit. Just scroll down to the ascii EDL then
delete the large blocks of non ascii data and you should have something you
could work with for a tape to tape session or whatever.

--
Rich Torpey
LBTL

---
Thanks to 525 Post and Dennis Morton for support in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
1012 subscribers in 39 countries on Mon Oct 19 06:52:59 CDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com