Re: Evertz KK on audio track !!!

At 12:06 PM 10/12/98 -0700, Mark Smith wrote:
>I'm not sure that is possible (at least in 525/60), since the Keykode needs
>to be field based (because of 3:2 pull down) and LTC is frame based.
>----------
>> From: sai prasad <saipras at giasmd01.vsnl.net.in>
>> He needs the KK to be recorder not on the picture or VITC but on the
>audio
>> channel track 2 in particular. Does anyone know how this is done. The
>> Evertz hardware we seem to have has only LTC out ????

If the client thinks they have done this before, it is likely that the film
count portion of key numbers were encoded into the user bits of
longitudinal timecode. This was often done before bar coded key numbers and
a VITC encoding convention were avaialble. On playback, a character window
could be put up that contains the film count. As pointed out, LTC is
updated one each frame and so the key number or footage count has to be
qualified by other information.
David Tosh <dlt at earthlink.net>
Engineer, Complete Post Hollywood, CA USA

---
Thanks to Encore Video and Randy Reck for support in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
1012 subscribers in 39 countries on Mon Oct 12 16:39:18 CDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com