Re: code on alternate color rcdgs

On 9/30/98 Rob Lingelbach wrote:

>Some clients are asking, more frequently lately, to have the code
>repeat --the pickups (alternate colors) are done at the same code as
>the original.

What I have found most often is that the "creative editor," as opposed to
the "button pusher" [:-)] is not only just too lazy to go back into
off-line and generate a correct EDL*, but doesn't even want to bother
writing down the numbers/description to give the on-line editor.

I have never been given a good reason  for duplicate TC. I'm not sure if
"We'll find it." is good enough, but it will have to do.

Julius

*I am aware that there are times when the client is going immediately into
edit and can't go to off-line, but that doesn't explain not even bothering
to write down the new offset numbers.

"If the thunder don't get you than the lightning will."

---
Thanks to Steve Robinson and Phil Voss for support in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
1009 subscribers in 39 countries on Thu Oct  1 16:59:25 CDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com