Re: Renderdrive

On 18/9/98 6:00 pm, Bob Blanks (bob_b3 at ix.netcom.com) wrote:

>A little off the subject of  Telecine, but has anyone any information on
>a company called "Advanced Rendering Technology(ART)? They introduced
>their RenderDrive product at Siggraph in August. Any info would be
>appreciated.
>Thanks
>Bob Blanks
>Complete Post, Hollywood

RenderDrive is a network rendering appliance designed to produce
extremely high quality 3D images in a fraction of the time it takes with
standard software/general purpose processor combinations. The product is
based on ART's custom-designed AR250 processor, which is the first
processor specifically designed for raytracing. It's designed to be a
platform-independent alternative to current renderfarm products. There
are currently two models, one with four AR250s, one with sixteen.

Bearing in mind the need not to advertise here, I don't want to say more,
but the website address is as Rich Torpey pointed out: www.art.co.uk and
if you want to contact anyone direct for more detailed information, I
suggest Craig Wareham: craigw at art.co.uk.

Admission: I represent ART as a PR consultant.

Richard Ashton               richard at mca-communications.com
MCA Communications           voice: +44 1353 652920
                             fax:   +44 1353 652921
                             isdn:  +44 1353 652922
                             cell:  +44  411 321229

---
Thanks to Manhattan Transfer/Edit for support in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
1008 subscribers in 39 countries on Mon Sep 21 03:04:56 CDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com