converting 4:3 to 16:9

Dan Clermont/NWFX Engineering 26/08/98 7:50 :

>We are looking for some sort of black box capable of converting 4:3 to 16:9.
>It cannot blank the vertical interval as this would be a major problem.

you can either use a DigitalVision converter which respects the
vertical interval <steve at digitalvisionusa.com>

or a Snell&Wilcok which doesn't.
In this later case you could use an Aaton Sorter which reads the
3lineVitc from the 4:3 and reinserts it (with the proper delay)
into the 16:9.

--jp
Jean-Pierre Beauviala  tel +33 4 7642 9550    www.aaton.com

---
Thanks to Cinema Products for support in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
1013 subscribers in 39 countries on Wed Aug 26 00:16:36 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com