[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: VB: Film for DVD
- To: telecine at alegria.com
- Subject: Re: VB: Film for DVD
- From: "John Sprung"<John_Sprung at Paramount.Com>
- Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 15:07:16 -0700
- Resent-Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 15:14:55 -0700
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"3Ch75.A.y_F.tIM01" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: SmartList account <slist at sun.alegria.com>
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
In answer to your questions:
1. It depends how good the existing transfers are.
It's a case by case decision.
2. All telecines, flying spot and line array,
are inherently mechanically progressive scan.
Interlace is created by reading the data out
of memory that way. Otherwise, things like
Image Translation, Deft, Tk3-2, etc. would
never have worked.
Thanks to Kodak for support in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
1011 subscribers in 39 countries on Tue Aug 11 15:14:00 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/