[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Universal code reading head
- To: "TiG" <telecine at alegria.com>
- Subject: Re: Universal code reading head
- From: jpb <aaton.jp at alpes-net.fr>
- Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 22:16:21 -0000
- Resent-Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 13:16:43 -0700
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"Gh0yI.A.HaG.2RNw1" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: SmartList account <slist at sun.alegria.com>
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
Peter Balfour 13/07/98 22:03 :
> ..evaluating Timecode Reading systems for installation
> in our Telecine Suite. One interesting item to come on the
> market recently 5550 Decoder & UV-3 Universal Film Data Reader
> from Evertz. With it's dual code and dual film size
> reading capabilities [..]
Summer vacations made me open your July 13th TIG mail quite late
but when I saw your "dual code" reading by a non Aaton licensed
manufacturer, I knew I had to clarify the situation.
The patented AatonCode matrix data lay-out has never been
published but "reverse engineering" allowed some
companies around to find the receipe and announce so called
AatonCode readers. The non-universal non future-proof nature
of these 'r-engineered' readers made them fail.
EVOLUTION of the Species
Thanks to the proprietary nature of its matrixes, AatonCode can
regularly be improved to fulfill demanding users' requests.
For example the latest generation (due IBC 98) is more
resistant to operators' wrong ISO settings, and offers a
'better than clapstick' half-frame accuracy capability.
No longer reverse-engineerable ;-) these new matrixes are
only readable by Keylinks currently featuring an AatonCode
I hope this enlightens your evaluation of Timecode reading
* Note for TiGers not familiar with film Timecode systems:
- AatonCode records dot matrixes in Sup16/35mm Aaton,
Panavision and Moviecam cameras; it can be installed in BL4s.
- ArriFIS records barcode in Sup16 & 35mm Arri cameras.
Jean-Pierre Beauviala tel +33 4 7642 9550 www.aaton.com
Thanks to Match Frame Austin for support in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
1001 subscribers in 39 countries on Thu Jul 30 13:15:45 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/