Re: 16 x 9 Production

>  HDTV 16 x9 as
> well.   I don't have any references to this only that we have done it
> in the past and will start a MOV transfer in this format next week.
> For S16 it is really easy as the camera aperture is the whole
> picture.

For anyone about to do a S16 to 16x9 transfer The camera aperature IS NOT
the whole picture. S16 is 15x9(1.66), not 16x9(1.77). We bought a test film
from the UK (I think the company is BKSTS but I may be wrong) that indicates
correct 16x9 framing for S16 film. Some people have complained about his
test film being less than great (resolution test patern problems I think),
but it is an accurate framing reference.
--
Vince Forcier
Director of Engineering
mailto:vforcier at rolandhouse.com
http://www.rolandhouse.com
703.525.7000 - Voice
703.525.7001 - Fax

---
Thanks to Rich Torpey, Bob Lovejoy for support in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
1000 subscribers in 39 countries on Tue Jul 28 15:00:29 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com