Re: S/graph

In a message dated 98-07-25 18:39:35 EDT, Ken wrote:

<< [ ... ] the Discreet stand was full and the Quantel stand empty.  I told
him that was likely to happen as its a graphics show and Quantel isn't so
interesting to graphics people.

 Am I right? >>

Hi Ken,

The Quantel booth did indeed appear to be less crowded than Discreet's at
Siggraph this year.  As for the reason why, I don't think it is quite so
complicated as interest or lack thereof.  Quantel gets the award, IMHO, for
having the most low-key booth at the show.  It was a big, brightly lit space
mostly empty except for a counter, a few signs and tablets and monitors, and a
corner walled off to display Domino--their cornerstone product.  Nothing going
"kaboom" on the screens, no loudmouth announcers, nobody prancing around in
skin-tight outfits.  People who wanted to learn about Quantel's products were
there, but those just looking for a diversion passed it by.

Best regards,
Christopher Bacon

---
Thanks to Grace & Wild and Digital Vision for support in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
999 subscribers in 39 countries on Mon Jul 27 09:14:03 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com