From: Jim Guthrie [mailto:101544.442 at compuserve.com]
Sent: 22 juillet, 1998 11:19
To: Blind.Copy.Receiver at compuserve.com
Subject: [TIG] RE Heavywoks vs Avid Film Composer

>> As far as I know, the Avid Film Composer is the ONLY non-linear system
with
a true 24FPS.  If you are going to do feature films, I would definitely go
with this system.  If my information is correct, Lightwork and Heavywork
systems, recreate the 24FPS (with a possibility of creating errors). <<

Lightworks has been handling 24 frame feature work very successfully
for several years.   I work with editors using Lightworks cutting 24/25 PAL
and 24/30 3:2 pull down NTSC rushes and I am not aware of them having
problems due to errors caused by the Lightworks system.

I also work with Avid cutting rooms and I believe that both non linear
systems import their material from tape using basically similar processes,
so I'm not sure what you mean by "a true 24fps" with respect to Avid.

Jim Guthrie,
Sprockets & Bytes,
Bristol, Denham, Soho.

  E-mail from: Jim Guthrie, 22-Jul-1998

---
Thanks to Grace & Wild and Digital Vision for support in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
999 subscribers in 39 countries on Wed Jul 22 08:44:08 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com