Cost of telecine operation

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the list, and have never operated a telecine, so please
excuse my relative lack of knowledge in this area.  The UCLA Film and
Television Archive has recently acquired a Rank Cintel IIIB which will be
used to make films from our collection available to researchers, and to
make transfers for film production students.

I am responsible for figuring out what this machine (which I am told is
in good condition) will cost to maintain, and what to expect in terms or
wages for a part-time (20-25 hours a week) operator.
If any of you have experience with this or similar telecines I would
greatly appreciate hearing your estimates.  Additionally, we will need to
contact people for service, parts, and training in the Los Angeles area.
I would welcome any recommendations you might have, or you can feel free
to contact me at UCLA if these are services you provide.  My e-mail is
jimf at ucla.edu and my phone number is 310-206-5390.

I have been observing your list for a few weeks and I have been quite
impressed with the creative commentaries exchanged on the list.  I look
forward continuing my education, and to being a small part of the
telecine world.

Thank you

James Friedman
Manager, Archive Research and Study Center
UCLA Film and Television Archive
310-206-5388
310-206-5392 (fax)
jimf at ucla.edu

---
Thanks to Bob Festa and Rick Dean for support in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
995 subscribers in 39 countries on Tue Jul 21 18:11:09 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com